Making Government And The Political Class Subservient To Freedom AgainThe following is based on a email that has been zipping around the email word recently. The email laid out some interesting changes some Americans would like to see made to the broken political and governmental processes we currently have in this country.
Before getting into the detail's of the proposed changes, consider what can be done when ordinary people get passionate and involved in making a better world. According to the email, the 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only three months eight days to be ratified. This was before email, personal computers, smart phones, Twitter, Facebook, and other modern ways to communicate. Furthermore, according to the email, of the twenty seven amendments to the Constitution, seven took one year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
So, let's call this movement the "Congressional Reform Act of 2011," an act that would include the following components:
1. Term Limits. This is consistent with the old adage: "If you are not part of the solution then you must be part of the problem." Many, many of our politicians have been around for decades. If they have not solved any of our major problems in that time, there is no reason to keep them around in the vain hope that they might eventually figure things out.
2. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
3. Congress (past, present and future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do. Most Americans no longer have any chance of receiving a traditional pension. Politicians, whose pensions are paid by the very people who no longer can get a pension, should not be entitled to something most Americans can not receive.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3% but only if the voters agree that they are doing a good job. This approach requires that the political class actually be successful in their job before getting rewarded, much like the plight of most working Americans.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people. No argument on this one.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people. No argument here either.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressional members are void effective 1/1/11. In agreement but there might be some legal issues here, i.e. can you renege on past agreements? If you can, then great. If not, then at least start with future generations of politicians.
9. Allow only individual Americans to contribute to election campaigns. No corporate donations, no PAC donations, no union donations, no fancy sounding front group donations, just individual Americans exercising their freedom of expression by sending directly to a politician's campaign fund.
The American people did not make this contract with Congressional members. They made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
Before closing, lets go back to term limits one more time. It is any easy concept to grasp but when you start thinking about what this would actually look like, the permutations can make you crazy. Thus, we would like you to vote on one of the four options when it comes to term limits:
- Option A - Senators get a maximum of twelve years via two six year terms and House members get a maximum of twelve years via six two year terms. Presidents get a maximum of eight years via two four year terms.
- Option B - Senators get a maximum one six year term and House members get a maximum of six years via three two year terms. Presidents get a maximum of eight years via two four year terms.
A Juggalo Dictionary A Guide A Latin Dictionary Saved My Life Advices On Reading Listening And Talking Are You Looking For The Best Being An Interpreter Pros And Cons Benefits Of Having An Interpreter Components Of High Quality Professional Dictionary Online Useful And Convenient To Anyone Different Ways You Can Learn Dr Samuel Johnson And His Lasting Electronic Dictionary Has Many Different En101 common Language make Figuring Out Italian To English Free Forex Training Forex Trades Getting The Best Spanish Translation Good Interpreter Is Essential To Ensure Higher Language Entry Level To Study History Of Dictionary How Quality Is Ensured In Technical How To Find A Sign How To Learn English Grammar How To Work With Importance Of English Language Importance Of Translation And Interpreter Services Keeping Motivated With Your Foreign Language Language Translation For Dummies Learn English Online What Learn English Speaking Learn English Trough Distance Learning Learning English Opens Doors Machine Translation Capabilities And Limitations Medical Dictionary Online More Study European Languages In South Obtain The Services Of A Professional On demand Video Remote Interpreting For Hospitals Online Dictionary Easily Accessible And Obtainable Simultaneous Interpreting For Live Conferences Study Abroad To Learn Language Study With The Best English School The Best Reasons For Me To Study The Importance Of Competency In Court The Importance Of Language Learning The Importance Of Technical Translation The Top 3 Easiest Document Translation Theories Of Learning English With Understanding English To Thai Translation When Is The Best Age To Study Who Should Learn Hebrew Why You Should Become An American Why You Should Go Study
A Florida Family Fishing Trip A Team Fitness America Segment America Needs Election Reform To Ensure American Christmas In Times Americas Heartland On A Budget Austin Driskill Hotel Best Hotels In Latin Boston south Amtrak Travel In Style Branson Missouri An All American City Building A Business Mailing Discover Americas Quirkiest Destinations Display Ready Plastic Bins is America Economic Recovery And Business Portal Extended Stay Inns Best Causes Five Amazing Road Trips In America Helmets R Us Your One stop Home Business Opportunities The New Workforce Hotel Booking Worldwide How Do Single American Singles How To Improve The Us Economy How To Shop At Us Retailers Information About American River Rafting Invisible Holiday Traditions At AmericaТs Latin America Driving Toward Sustainable Business Latin America Offering Huge Business Opportunities Laws Surrounding Online Pharmacy Business Learn How To Take Advantage Of Tourism Making Government And The Political Class Market America Incorporated A Closer Market America Incorporated A Home Market America Review Should You Join New Trends For Apparel Retailers Peru Tours And Brazil Holidays Pleasant And Safe Stay In Hotel Russian Holidays Sam Walton Wal mart See South America In A Different Single Asian Americans Look For Online Six Trends That Will Small Business Startup The Growing South America Sending More Studying The American And The British Team Fitness America Top Ten Ways The 10 Most Luxurious Hotels The Beauty Of Hotel Panama The Best Backpacking Trips In America The Commemoration Of Holidays In America The Online Payday Loan The Top 10 Hotels In America Tis The Season To Be Angry Top Five People Who Overcame Disabilities Top Pet Friendly Hotels In North Top Spots For Bird Watching Holidays Top Ten Vacation Sites United States Of America Democracy Lost What Happened To Our Democracy Who Has The Largest Why You Should Consider
2004-2012 © American Brothers Organization.
Ключевые слова: Португалия, перевод, сайт, текст, танцы, труба, скачать, бесплатно, программы, окна, ремонт, компьютер, счастье, кофе, мода, женщина, сайт, здоровье, заказать, купить, завод, станок, дерево